Road Trip

Saturday's weather shore was beautiful. The rumble of a motorcycle lifts my spirits. Last weekend I was inspired to go on a road trip to the Quiet Side of the Lake and drove around Calumet County with a short stop at Rienzi Cemetery in Fondy before snapping a few photos of an abandoned home I now title Death Watch.

On Friday (04/04/08) I had business to take care of in West Bend and stopped at Lac Lawrann Conservancy, a 136 acre preserve that in all the years I have lived in this town have never been to. I snapped a few photos and when I looked at them at home realized that my camera was unable to pick up the color contrasts (due to the lighting perhaps,or my camera is utter crap) The pine to the right is tipped with yellow-green and to my eyes should have stood out from the winter washed kettle below.

While I drove around my old town, I discovered a new piece of land named Fellenz Woods, purchased by the Ozaukee Washington Land Trust (OWLT) in 1999. This is found on County I, east of West Bend High School -- Decorah Ave turns into Cty I incidentally. I am immensely proud of the town I came from and continue to applaud its caretakers for having the vision to preserve the land that will only improve the value of its lands and also the quality of life for its residents, something that Oshkosh is currently struggling with. If there is a bright spot for Oshkosh it was the development of Menominee Park, and Little Oshkosh where I took my daughter yesterday.

I wrap up my blog entry before 8 am with the intention of taking a road trip back to the Quiet Side of the Lake, to snap some photos and expand my knowledge of the area.

It promises to be in the 50s today,the sun is trying to be seen between the breaks in the clouds, and that is enough for me.

No comments: