Ridge Run County Park - West Bend

West Bend (Washington Cty)

for directions and what to see the original post.


Yet another excursion to my little piece of heaven, my slice of serenity, my haven of happiness....*sigh*


It turned out that there was a special event happening this day at the Girl Scout Camp which meant no worries of trespassing and my flickr companion got a free lunch and my undying gratitude for coming with this crazy lady.


A 65 acre easement purchase made by the Ice Age Trail Foundation provided a protected pass through the Girl Scout Camp (ie, Camp Silverbrook) which traditionally was a No Trespassing Zone, which is also traditionally ignored. Reading a bit about the milestones of this hard fought project made this Oshkosh transplant proud


Today, our walk consisted of me trying to photograph the falling leaves, mossy rocks, light rays passing through leaves, and the various flora (alas, no fauna to be seen today) with some limited success. I wore out my hiking partner and returned to Oshkosh energized, and wanting more.


This trip reaffirmed my belief that I need to find those of my ilk who can return multiple times to a place and find different enchantments. My desire to guide is just as strong as the need to be guided and shown new places to explore.

Maybe they are out there, and maybe they are not. I will continue to journal my experiences and report my findings.

No comments: