Rocky Arbor State Park - Wisconsin Dells


Rock and Wood
Originally uploaded by jw_creations
West of Wisconsin Dells (Sauk Cty)

I didn't expect to blog about this park until I had a chance to check it out. Since my introduction to Flickr I have come to appreciate the talents of others to reveal the beauty of Wisconsin in a way that I never could. What I liked most about this picture was the timeless quality - one could just as easily expect to see a wooly mammoth as a couple of American hikers.

This park is only open for camping starting Memorial Day (May) to Labor Day (Sept) with day use available year round. There is a short nature trail and wild raspberries are free for the taking. What information I was able to find on the internet, the description reminds me of what Roche-a-Cri State Park is like. Heavy on the camping, and not much of anything else.

My own trips to the Dells usually entails finding the least expensive way to wile the day without bringing home unwanted visitors. Specifically, ticks. When I make my way to Sauk County my purpose would be to review Rocky Arbor and hopefully find some county parks.

Wheretofind: Located 5 minutes northwest from Wisconsin Dells, travel time from Oshkosh 1 hour, 45 minutes (from Fond du Lac you can follow Hwy 23 west,southwest to Wis Dells).

No comments: