Hobbs Woods County Park - Fond du Lac

Fond du Lac (Fond du Lac Cty)

 © Dawn Braun 2016
A large patch of woods surrounded by farm fields. Don't be fooled by the vague description. It is worth the 1/2 hour trip from Oshkosh. I like this park because I can let my kids roam without a huge concern that they will get lost. On that note, before letting your kids roam, run the trail a few times with them. We have had the 'how to find the car' discussion and thankfully that is one conversation that stuck with them.

This trip was especially buggy, so we did not spend a whole lot of time there. My next trip will be when it is cooler. We did cross a creek, ate some black rasperries, and snapped a few pics.

The jewel of Hobbs Woods is actually Parson's Creek that winds it way around the 3 acre area and in any season lends itself to tons of subjects to photograph.  The photo to the upper right is my daughter taken in 2008.

Wheretofind: Hwy 41 to Hickory Road Exit, head west (away from Fondy) and you will be going through an industrial park. Continue following this road until you reach the stop sign which is the corner of Hickory and Larsen. Ahead of you is a farm to the right, and right across from that is the entrance to Hobbs Woods.

What to expect: Shallow creeks, natural trails, steep hills with some rest benches, cross country ski trail. No bathroom unless you count the privacy provided by trees and shrubbery.



2 comments:

Teeny42 said...

Is it true about the man that hides gems , in the woods here?? whats the story on that??!!

Sistereinstein said...

Honestly I don't know that story. I'd love to learn more though. I'll do some digging when I have time.

Thanks for the post!