So Whats Been Going On Since 2009?

This WheretogoWisconsin blog was started December 9th, 2007

Back then, I really had no idea really what a blog was. All I knew then was spending a crapload of time trying to find new and possibly interesting places to explore that were FREE. Gas prices kept me restricted to places that were an hour's drive from my home.   There HAD to be others out there with the same needs and already had 5-6 places to share so that made the first few posts. The others required research and for that I grabbed a gazetteer. It really is the best reference guide for traveling.  For my purposes I kept my travels limited to an hour's drive which is approximately 55 miles from the Oshkosh area.   Eagerly I opened the atlas and studied the pages as if searching for hidden treasures.  My hope is that you will be infected with the need to explore these places as I was.

My last post was at the Point Beach Ice Age Trail as I was attempting to do the impossible: Find a group of people with similar interests while in the throws of a photography binge.  NOT REALLY A GOOD COMBINATION.  

So what's been going on since 2009?

To put it simply, I've been having a torrid affair with Photography.  During Christmas of 2009 I upgraded to a Canon 450D (XSi) and things haven't been the same since.   It didn't change the way I took pictures but it most definitely helped with the quality. Suddenly I was all about shutter speed, aperture, ISO and shooting in RAW format.  Then it became about studying Abandonment.

The best example I can come up with is from my Death Watch series:

Older Camera, an HP Photosmart, taken 01-01-2001
loaded to my WheretogoWisconsin Flickr Account






Newer Camera, a Canon 450D, taken 02-20-2010
loaded to my Dawn Braun/Sistereinstein Flickr Account



You see, Gentle Reader, I never stopped exploring, just changed direction. 2010-2011 was a great year for photography. I signed up to be an assignment photographer and made a few sheckles here and there for Gannett's Wisconsin Outdoor Fun. It's been a few years and my name has since been removed but the memories remain!  Sadly, I removed those from my Flickr albums. Really I could kick myself for holding myself back and also for not sharing those adventures on this blog. To be honest I'm having a hard time seeing how those two identities could possibly merge. 

Today's post is the first step in combining those personalities.

What's new with WheretogoWisconsin:

1)  Post titles include the city/town/village.

2) Google's Map location has been added.  There's been great advancements since the beginning and I hope it helps you better locate these fine treasures.

3) Better Pictures.  Much better pictures.

No comments: