Nature Centers/Wildlife Preserves

I'm torn as to whether to make this two separate posts. Ah, I'll edit it later if I need to.

I have a few of my own:

Ledge View Nature Center, Chilton (Calumet Cty).There are a lot of ways of getting there,so you are best googling this from your location. Excellent interactive activities. I really enjoyed the indoor bat room, and the bee hive exhibit. One special draw to this place are the caving tours.

What to expect: Good hiking maps, variable terrain, sightseeing tower (same as Parnell), route to water filled quarry. Across from the parking lot there is a pasture and depending on the time of day you can expect to see cows grazing (fence is electrified,I think) and will approach you for some pulled grass.

Gordon Bubolz Nature Preserve, Appleton (Outagamie Cty). Relatively large site. Hiking trails, interactive nature center.

What to expect: Pleasant walking experience for suburbanites looking for a quick getaway, boring for those who are looking for a challenge.

No comments: